Bill Wunder's DDLArchive utility

• In the past, I have purchased DDL Archive utility. (Yes, it used to be freeware. The freeware did not have some feature. I am not sure which one. I believe it was the support for command line). Now, I am trying to purchase this product for my new company. I could not find this utility anywhere on the web. Please let me know if any one knows how and where to purchase/download this utility.

Give me a fish, you feed me for a day! Teach me to fish, you feed me for a life time.

• http://bwunder.com/ArchiveUtility.aspx

I've been using this product for almost 2 years now, and I absolutely love it. I've been demo'ing his newest version and I'll tell you what, it's got a lot of potential. To those have not yet used the current version, you're missing out. This is hands down one of the best tools a DBA could ever have ...

Tell him Adam sent you 😛

• Thanks Adam. I will definitely tell him you gave the link.

BTW, this is a great product. I have been using this product for about 4 to 5 years. There is no comparison. (Although, I have not used SQLClue. I am talking about DDL Archive using DMO).

Give me a fish, you feed me for a day! Teach me to fish, you feed me for a life time.

• I don't know how you plan on implementing it, or your environment size, but what I did was create a simple VBScript to loop through a control table that has all my servers listed and then runs the DDL utility at the command line against the specified server. Was the easiest way I could think of to have the utility run against 70+ instances. Curious to as if there is a better approach that I haven't thought of ...

Then, based on the servername, I send myself an email (Database Mail - SQL2005) with all the days changes (for production servers). This involves a couple functions and a stored proc, but works like a champ. Bill was supposed to put them up on his site, but it never happened.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply