Bill Baker

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Bill Baker

• Leaving MS was not Bill's decision to make. He was given the scope and resources to succeed, but he could not deliver. His mistakes eventually became too costly to compensate for whatever benefit MS would get from Bill doing power hour presentations. Bill has a history of not delivering as a GM. His chances eventually run out. Power hour entertainment is not enough.

• I guess I'd disagree with that. Under his leadership the BI group became quite a force and the platform grew by leaps and bounds.

• bakerbill (8/9/2008)

Leaving MS was not Bill's decision to make. He was given the scope and resources to succeed, but he could not deliver. His mistakes eventually became too costly to compensate for whatever benefit MS would get from Bill doing power hour presentations. Bill has a history of not delivering as a GM. His chances eventually run out. Power hour entertainment is not enough.

If you're gonna bad mouth someone like that, at least have the hair to use your real name so Mr. Baker knows who to sue for slander. πŸ˜‰

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Unfortunately you are right, what Bill does best is retaliate. If you worked closely with him you will know you can't have a straight talk with Bill unless you are going to tell him how great he is. This is actually how he eventually got managed out. So many people start complaining thru other channels that a different image of Bill started to emerge. It was just a matter of time from that point on. You can protect a false image only for so long. He's lost his credibility and support inside MS at the point it was embarrassing to watch him in the hallway.

If you want to present the truth you need to present both sides of the story.

You can dismiss anonymous comments, but you need to know you won’t be able to hear the other side of the story other way. Bill will use any method to hurt whoever brings up the painful truth.

• I think what Jeff is implying is that we have no idea if you are just grinding your own ax with Bill. You have no details or information, and perhaps you can't provide it.

I have talked with lots of people working for Bill and they all enjoyed the experience.

• bakerbill (8/11/2008)

Bill will use any method to hurt whoever brings up the painful truth.

Maybe so... but you're pretty good at throwing people under the bus yourself. πŸ˜›

It sounds like you may have had a run in with Bill Baker at least once. If what you say is true, then I feel for you. But, you ragging on him here isn't going to help you nor discourage anyone's feeling about him. Best thing to do is just move on... I've had a couple of bosses that I could go on about, but they don't deserve the attention. πŸ˜‰

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply