Big SQL Server 2005 News

• That's not the only news. Did you read the article or the post on my blog?

--
    Adam Machanic
    whoisactive

• Wow, I've given no less that 20 presentations over database mirroring over the last three months this is a major slip.

Wes

• Hmmm.  I received an email from our local Microsoft rep at 7:26am EDT on this.  Based on the banner I assumed the "big news" was something different.

Disappointing news, but not critical to me as all my production servers are on clustered servers and don't have immediate plans to use database mirroring.

• I went to order the DVD and at the top of the page it states:

Free shipping and handling on U.S. and Canadian orders, while supplies last.

Then when I complete the form I'm asked to fill out credit card info for shiipping and handling charges.  Boy, those supplies didn't last very long! 

• Yes, I did. But Database Mirroring is not something I was looking forward to or planning to use anytime soon.

Actually, I was hoping that they would prepone the release from November... 

• I see Database Mirroring as one of the most important enhancements in SQL Server 2005. It means that SQL Server can compete against Oracle in much more challenging HA scenarios than are currently (easily) possible...

--
    Adam Machanic
    whoisactive

• I agree with what you are saying - Database Mirroring would be a great thing to have. But I was speaking from my perspective because I do not see any of my clients (120+) wanting to explore this option anytime soon, some of whom are still running SQL 7 and have no plans to upgrade!

• Especially dissapointing as microsoft had been advertising the june CTP as feature complete. I to had given 20+ presentations on mirroring in the past two months... looks like I'll have to update the slide deck for tomorrow.

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep ;{

• Where are you giving all of these presentations? Between you and Wesley there have been at least 40+ presentations in the last three months... Are there that many user groups and conferences at which to present?

--
    Adam Machanic
    whoisactive

• besides, is there anyone who *didn't* D/L it on Monday (when the software was posted?) - the same goes for VS '05.

• We have both been doing the microsoft road shows. I also run two sql server user groups.

Wes

• Ahhh! Are you working for Scalability Experts? Or did they drop the DBA track?

--
    Adam Machanic
    whoisactive

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply