Better Than Batman

• hnhaney2 (1/19/2012)

I believe in doing good things, but as for Bill Gates is concerned, his foundation is doing more damage than good. His foundation is a front for something far worse than it seem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQtRI7A064

But the truth be told that they real want 90% of the world population gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho

You should always check the real motive of any big organization. Many times it not what it seems.

Your video cherry picks certain items, and in the comments, indeed says that Mr. Gates is not looking to eliminate current population, but lower growth. The "deduction" is a leap, and not supported by anything in the video.

• If anyone wants to make a difference, then I cannot suggest a better way to help humanity than to contribute to CRS. Catholic Relief Services is the single largest charity in the world in terms of geographic coverage. Their administrative overhead is pennies on the dollar. Wherever and whenever there is a disaster or need, great or small, CRS is there helping, not just with physical relief but relief for the heart and the soul as well.

It doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, christian or not, atheist, agnostic or whatever label you want to use. They are quite frankly a first rate and unselfish organization that always acts with humility and compassion.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/19/2012)

jay holovacs (1/19/2012)

paul s-306273 (1/19/2012)

So how do we end up with a society that upholds Apple (new iphone/ipad etc. every 6 months to exploit those who MUST have the latest gadget) yet despises Microsoft?

And Apple seems to be far more controlling and authoritarian than Microsoft.

Apple is only controlling inside of their ecosphere and products. They philosophically see products as built, and fixed, by them. They don't want to build an open product that you can hack or play with. They don't force retailers or other manufacturers to sell only their product, something Microsoft did and was sued for.

Well their control over independent software is part of the problem. But they do put a strangle hold on content providers such as magazine publishers. They contracturally mandate that prices charged for other platforms NOT be less than charged in the Apple store (where they take a 30% cut) so they effectively raise prices for all of us.

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --

• j_e_o (1/19/2012...

It doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, christian or not, atheist, agnostic or whatever label you want to use. They are quite frankly a first rate and unselfish organization that always acts with humility and compassion.

People are free to donate where they wish, but as far as I am concerned, any relief organization that works against voluntary population control or against the distribution of condoms in parts of the world where AIDS is endemic is a problem.

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --

• People are free to donate where they wish, but as far as I am concerned, any relief organization that works against voluntary population control or against the distribution of condoms in parts of the world where AIDS is endemic is a problem.

What you cannot deny is that they do a great deal of good, despite your objection to some of their policies (i.e., they don't distribute condoms). But it is your time and money and you can give it to whomever you wish.

• jay holovacs (1/19/2012)

Well their control over independent software is part of the problem. But they do put a strangle hold on content providers such as magazine publishers. They contracturally mandate that prices charged for other platforms NOT be less than charged in the Apple store (where they take a 30% cut) so they effectively raise prices for all of us.

That is evil, and I hope that gets knocked down somehow. MS, Amazon, lots of companies have done similar things, and I think this is extremely anti-competitive.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/19/2012)

jay holovacs (1/19/2012)

That is evil, and I hope that gets knocked down somehow. MS, Amazon, lots of companies have done similar things, and I think this is extremely anti-competitive.

It does, it also does not sound legal.

• Oh come on, Batman as a philanthropist!? Hardly. Now Superman on the other hand....:-)

James Stover, McDBA

• Most people look at a larger scale when they hear about making a difference - charitable institutions, relief operations, etc. What we don't realize is that we are all - in one way or another - heroes in every sense of the word. We make things happen and it's making a difference in the life of somebody. Somebody made a kid smile today because of a hug, or that clerk on a convenient store having a bad day because she was cheered up, or that co-worker who just received a compliment. We are all making a difference, just not on a larger scale like Bill Gates that merits media coverage. As Ghandi once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." And if we keep doing these small things, the bigger things will just happen without us knowing.

"Helping people and organizations grow and develop their full potential as God has planned for them"
    Twitter | Blog | LinkedIn

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply