Best way to Script object permissions to a window?

• In the 2005 management studio when you script an object from the right mouse menus it does not script the permissions for users and roles.

It's also scripting extended properties.

Anybody out there got some tips on fixing this annoying *feature*?

Doug

• Right-click on the database name -> select Tasks -> select Generate Scripts... Follow the Wizard until you get to the "Choose Script Options" screen where you can turn those options on and off. Why they didn't include any of the options when you simply right-click an object, I don't know.

Greg

• within SSMS: Tools, Options, Scripting. Set the extended properties to FALSE, and enable scripting the permissions. These set the default scripting options.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Matt Miller (5/27/2008)

within SSMS: Tools, Options, Scripting. Set the extended properties to FALSE, and enable scripting the permissions. These set the default scripting options.

I always forget where they hide this!

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Thanks. You saved me lots of time, so I'll leave you with this....

Every man dies......But few REALLY live!

Have a great day....

Doug

• Matt Miller (5/27/2008)

within SSMS: Tools, Options, Scripting. Set the extended properties to FALSE, and enable scripting the permissions. These set the default scripting options.

Uhhhhh .... I don't have Scripting under Tools / Options. The main tree in the Tools -> Options dialog are: Environment, Source Control, Text Editor, Query Execution, Query Results and Designers. None of the above seem to have anything about scripting, that I can find.

-- Mitch

--Mitch

• I installed Service Pack 2 yesterday, so you probably need to upgrade.

Hope this helps

Doug

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply