Being A Bit Less Comfortable in 2024

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Being A Bit Less Comfortable in 2024

• Heartily agree with the sentiments you express, Louis.

A big issue with New Year's resolutions is often that they tend to be too grandiose/too vague/not SMART.

I'm not making any NYRs this year.

Instead, I am making New Day's resolutions each day. Less high-flown, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. This makes it much easier for me to hold myself to account.

Wishing all my fellow SQL Server brothers and sisters a happy and fulfilling New Year.

MarkD

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Good advice... do something out of my comfort zone... RELEASE DIRECTLY TO PROD!!!

Just kidding. My goal is to get back into photography. I kind of dropped out of that for a while as it gets so windy where I live so I can't set up a tripod, so I can't use any of my large zoom lenses. BUT nothing is stopping me from doing shots from the camera without a tripod OR waiting for a less windy day to do some nice shots!

At the same time, I want to make vague resolutions like "get back into photography". That could be take 1 picture with my digital camera instead of my phone or it could be take 1 per month or 1 per week or whatever. It could just be unboxing it and getting the camera set up and making sure the batteries still take a charge. I just want to start getting into that hobby again as it is fun and I have all the equipment and maybe I can find some new equipment that could be fun to have.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply