Beginner help on 2005 SQL Server Management Studio

• I'm an absolute beginner of SQL Server 2005. In SQL Server 2000 CLIENT TOOLS, I have used the SQL Query Analyzer (the program code was previous written & I just changed dates in the code & and ran it every month) and have seen a brief demonstration of SQL Enterprise Manager.

I understand that the SQL Server Management Studio in SQl Server 2005 replaces those client tools from version 2000. Can someone please recommend any easy-to-understand learning resources (or give me a link to any websites, articles, tutorial, training, procedures, etc,...) that would show me how to install & USE these client tools/features of SQL Server 2005 on my old client machine ?

Thanks very much.

Alan

• A quick Google search with the string "sql server tools tutorial" reveals a boatload of information, including a tools tutorial by Microsoft. As for installation of the client tools...do you have a CD? If so, run through the wizard. If not, a Google search on "sql server management studio express" will reveal much. And nothing can teach you quite as much as opening it up and actually trying it...

• If you have a msdn user account use the virtual labs there is a wonderful session that describes how to use SSMS.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply