BCP Problem

• Dear all,

I dont know this is the right place to ask this question or not.

I created few BCP files from SQl Server2000 and copied them to SQL Sever 2000 Server Machine.

Now i am trying to load the data from BCP Files in SQL Server2005 but i am getting this error.

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 2

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2].

SQLState = HYT00, NativeError = 0

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Login timeout expired

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 2

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti

ons.

NULL

I had enabled TCP\IP and named pile also enabled the SQl Browser.Restarted the SQL Services.

Pls help

from

Killer

• Hi,

I solved the error of remote connection by removing the instance name string from the named pipe string.

but still now i am not able to use BCP utility.

Pls help

from

Killer

• What is the error that you are getting?  what is the process you are using for BCP?

-- Cory

• In SQL sever managment studio, go to server property-->connection, check the option "Allow remote connections to this server".

• If you are using express, evalution, or developer edition, the remote connection is disbaled by default. In surface area configuration, go to service and connection--> remote connections, select "local and remote connections"

• Hi,

In my second post i had written i solved the remote connection issue.

I solved the problem.When we work on local machine we have to choose Truasted connection.

But when connection from client we have to give the user name and password.

HTH

from

Killer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply