bcp asking for Password even with -T option

• Hello,

I think I am asking this question in the right forum.

THe configuration on my server is TCPIP Enabled, Named Pipes Enabled. The order of SQL Native CLient Protocols is TCPIP 2, Named PIpes 3. If I use bcp command to load Data into a table on the server, it asks me for a password even though I am using -T to specify Trusted Connection.

Thanks,

Amit.

• I believe trusted connections only work with default instances, are you using a named instance in this case?

• Amit Chaudhary (8/5/2008)

Hello,

I think I am asking this question in the right forum.

THe configuration on my server is TCPIP Enabled, Named Pipes Enabled. The order of SQL Native CLient Protocols is TCPIP 2, Named PIpes 3. If I use bcp command to load Data into a table on the server, it asks me for a password even though I am using -T to specify Trusted Connection.

Thanks,

Amit.

Where are you running BCP from? A command window? From T-SQL? Or ??? And, yeah, it does make a difference. If you aren't running SQL Server with Windows Authentication enabled, I don't believe the -T switch of BCP will work.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply