Batch SSIS pkg execution from Business Intelligence Development Studio

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Batch SSIS pkg execution from Business Intelligence Development Studio

• Stan Kulp-439977 - Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:01 AM

Comments posted to this topic are about the item Batch SSIS pkg execution from Business Intelligence Development Studio

Stan, you seem to be clinging to the past: it's not called BIDS any more 🙂

As Developer Edition is now free, there is no clear reason why developers should not be able to install Integration Services, though that does not invalidate the technique you have described here.

Having to have all of the packages in the same project is a limitation in some circumstances (so any common 'utility' packages from another project cannot be included).
    If additional flexibility is required, packages can be run from T-SQL (link), though they do have to be deployed to SSISDB first.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• At work they won't let me have integration services on my workstation because of the licensing issue, and I have a lot of test data to refresh periodically. This is a workaround that made it a lot easier for me.

• Stan Kulp-439977 - Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:17 AM

At work they won't let me have integration services on my workstation because of the licensing issue, and I have a lot of test data to refresh periodically. This is a workaround that made it a lot easier for me.

Which version of SQL Server are you targeting ... presumably pre 2014? Otherwise, I can't see what licensing issue you are describing.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• SQL Server 2012.

• Stan Kulp-439977 - Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:17 AM

At work they won't let me have integration services on my workstation because of the licensing issue, and I have a lot of test data to refresh periodically. This is a workaround that made it a lot easier for me.

But a developer licence prior to SQL 2014 was £40 to £50, that is a no brainer in the grand scheme of things.

• tim.ffitch - Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:07 AM

Stan Kulp-439977 - Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:17 AM

But a developer licence prior to SQL 2014 was £40 to £50, that is a no brainer in the grand scheme of things.

The IT department said no, which is why I tried this workaround, and it does what I need it to do.
    The next project uses 2014, so it will be moot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply