bad performance quary

• Hi,

I would like to know how I can improve this sentence

This is last sentence in query:

and da.[Status] in (select Value from Split ('600',',') as da)

some facts : ( when I mean in this section bad performaence I mean no result set (above some hours))

1) split is table value function that return the only value=600

2) this condition is the last condition in quary and sql in executaion plan

do inner join with this table value function to find matching value.

3) when I use in (600) (as constant) with out table value function its work vary fast because sql engine use index seek at first.

4) When I use in (@i) and @i contain value 600 again its work vary fast because sql engine use index seek at first.

5) When I take the return value and assign him to temp table means and da.[Status] in (select Value from temp table) still bad performaence.

this link include the plan :

http://imageshack.us/f/443/planhandlh.png/

thank you vaty much

sharon

• The function, is a multi-statement table valued function? If so, eliminating that may be the best bet for tuning the query.

To share a plan, save it as a .SQLPLAN file and attach it. Just looking at a graphic doesn't supply enough information. Sorry.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Please post table definitions, index definitions and execution plan, as per http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply