Backup Verification

• I am creating a job to do my backups to a device. I created the job by right clicking on the database and clicking on bakup. In the options tab I checked the "verify on completion" on. Here is the sql script it provided me.

BACKUP DATABASE [database] TO [device] WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'name', NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT

How do I know if it is going to verify the backup? I created another backup job with the "check verify on completion" off and it created the same script. Is there another parameter I need to set?

• Backup database statement doesn't have any options to let you verify the database backup. Actually, another statement "restore verifyonly" is ued to verify the backup.

Here are the statements generated in the backup job.

BACKUP DATABASE [pubs] TO DISK = N'c:\pubs.bak' WITH NOINIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'pubs backup', NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT DECLARE @i INT

select @i = position from msdb..backupset where database_name='pubs'and type!='F' and backup_set_id=(select max(backup_set_id) from msdb..backupset where database_name='pubs')

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = N'c:\pubs.bak' WITH FILE = @i

Edited by - Allen_Cui on 06/02/2003 07:19:25 AM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply