Backup Job error

• Hi,

I am backing up production db regularly at night. From last 2 months I didnt get any error message,

2 days back, I got htis:-

Failed:(-1073548784) Executing the query "declare @backupSetId as int

select @backupSetId = position from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'XYZ' and backup_set_id=(select max(backup_set_id) from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'XYZ' )

if @backupSetId is null begin raiserror(N'Verify failed. Backup information for database ''XYZ'' not found.', 16, 1) end

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = N'\\\\SERVERNAME\\D$\\SQLBACKUP\\XYZ\\XYZ_backup_201104242015.bak' WITH FILE = @backupSetId, NOUNLOAD, NOREWIND

" failed with the following error: "Read on "\\\\SERVERNAME\\D$\\SQLBACKUP\\XYZ\\XYZ_backup_201104242015.bak" failed: 1130(Not enough server storage is available to process this command.)

VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• I am storing the backup via job in SSMS to another server.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• "(Not enough server storage is available to process this command.)

Did you verify the above error message, if space is avaliable on backup drive.

• Yes there is enough free space on it...360gb out of 1.2TB is free.

Regrds,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Are you using any backup tool or it is just a native sql backup.

It seems to be native though. but just wanted to confirm.

Also, do you have sufficent RAM available to perform the backup activity. I have personally experienced backups getting failed because of memory pressure. But many a times it occurs when there is a backup tool running outside the buffer pool which could be impacted by memory pressue at system level.

So, pls confirm this..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply