Backup Database is terminated Abnormally Failed on SQL Server 2014 RTM

• I am having the same issue on one of my servers. I changed my job to use BufferCount =1 and MaxTransferSize=1048576. Still failed with the same errors.

• I restarted my server and noticed upon boot up that the CPU for my machine was very high. I looked into it and found that TiWorker.exe was using a lot of resources. I applied http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2771431 and it looks like the issue was fixed for me. In the end it looks like the instance wasn't able to get the resources that it needed to run a backup, but because of this rogue process. Is this process using a large amount of resources on your install?

• Looks like the SQL Server restart resolved the issue for me...no need for CU's.

• SQL Server Error 3013 occur

While executing the backup operation, the write failure might take place. Here is a link to a presentation that might help you to fix the error: http://www.slideshare.net/jason_clark03/sql-server-backup-error-3013-causes-and-resolution

• As I said:

"Looks like the SQL Server restart resolved the issue for me...no need for CU's.""

• restart worked for me too, but mine was for Restore and backup was from another server.

• I got the same error ... Restart worked but it just an temporary solution .. I got the same error again after a while... Do I need install the SQL 2014 SP1 for a permanent fix?

Regards,
    Saravanan

• Saravanan T (2/24/2016)

I got the same error ... Restart worked but it just an temporary solution .. I got the same error again after a while... Do I need install the SQL 2014 SP1 for a permanent fix?

This is my problem. A reboot fixes the 3013 error, but only temporarily.

We thought perhaps it was an issue with the network share, so we tried backing up locally and then using robocopy to ship the backups once complete... Backups ran for a few days, but then started failing with 3013 over the weekend again.

A reboot always fixes it, but seems like quite an annoying thing to have to reboot my SQL nodes every week or so in order to ensure backups are still continuing.

I checked permissions, read-only, everything seems to be in order... and since the reboot resolves it, I can't imagine the issue is permissions/file options related.

• Is all of the server maintenance relatively up to date? At a previous job, we were very much behind, and Microsoft blamed many of our problems on that.

• How much ram on the server?

What is the max server memory set to?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• lptech (12/12/2016)

Is all of the server maintenance relatively up to date? At a previous job, we were very much behind, and Microsoft blamed many of our problems on that.

So it is SQL 2014 RTM looking at the exact version. I am considering trying to apply SP1 or even SP2 since they have been out for a while... I also found a suggestion that this was fixed in SP1.

Perry Whittle (12/12/2016)

How much ram on the server?

What is the max server memory set to?

32gb on one, 12gb on another. You bring up a good point, I'm not sure we ever limited them... and looking at the RAM settings, it's just the default gigantic number, I think 2tb... which I assume would just mean SQL can consume all of the RAM if requested?

• In SQL server 2014 max server memory no longer controls just the buffer usage it also now accounts for all other allocations, such as the old memtoleave which catered for backup buffer allocations.

Do you have this issue just on the 2 instances

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• arrrghhh - Monday, December 12, 2016 10:45 AM

Saravanan T (2/24/2016)

I got the same error ... Restart worked but it just an temporary solution .. I got the same error again after a while... Do I need install the SQL 2014 SP1 for a permanent fix?

This is my problem. A reboot fixes the 3013 error, but only temporarily.We thought perhaps it was an issue with the network share, so we tried backing up locally and then using robocopy to ship the backups once complete... Backups ran for a few days, but then started failing with 3013 over the weekend again.A reboot always fixes it, but seems like quite an annoying thing to have to reboot my SQL nodes every week or so in order to ensure backups are still continuing.I checked permissions, read-only, everything seems to be in order... and since the reboot resolves it, I can't imagine the issue is permissions/file options related.

I am running into the same issue and the restart was only a temporary fix, did you get yours up and running?  My next option is to update to the latest SP and hope it works..

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply