Backing up from SETUSER

• Toreador (3/9/2015)

Hany Helmy (3/8/2015)

Never used it before SETUSER, but very good question despite of the date issue.

I'm not sure that it is a terribly useful question. What benefit is there in bringing a deprecated function to the attention of people who've not come across it?

While it is deprecated, it is still there in SQL 2014. Since it is available, there is a chance that somebody somewhere is using it and/or has to deal with it (maybe for a client).

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Sean Lange (3/5/2015)

DBCC TIMEWARP is active again I see. We have a question from the future about a deprecated feature. :w00t:

Ha ha

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• I need coffee. I was wondering for a minute why I had already answered this question while I just logged on into my computer...

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (3/19/2015)

I need coffee. I was wondering for a minute why I had already answered this question while I just logged on into my computer...

😀

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• SQLRNNR (3/9/2015)

Toreador (3/9/2015)

Hany Helmy (3/8/2015)

Never used it before SETUSER, but very good question despite of the date issue.

I'm not sure that it is a terribly useful question. What benefit is there in bringing a deprecated function to the attention of people who've not come across it?

While it is deprecated, it is still there in SQL 2014. Since it is available, there is a chance that somebody somewhere is using it and/or has to deal with it (maybe for a client).

Exactly 😎

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

I need coffee. I was wondering for a minute why I had already answered this question while I just logged on into my computer...

+1. I thought I was losing it for a second.

• An easy one, thanks.

• Darn, I've been waiting two weeks in the hope that I'd be able to change my answer. 🙂

Spooky deja-vu effect after somebody uses dbcc timewarp.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (3/19/2015)

Koen Verbeeck (3/19/2015)

Spooky deja-vu effect after somebody uses dbcc timewarp.

Indeed. The sad part was that I read the question and I thought: "Hey, I know the answer to this one! I'm so smart... ". 😀

• It seems that this is a duplicate or a question that was asked a few years ago.

• bkubicek (3/19/2015)

It seems that this is a duplicate or a question that was asked a few years ago.

Just a few days ago...

bkubicek (3/19/2015)

It seems that this is a duplicate or a question that was asked a few years ago.

Just a few days ago...

oh... good.... I am not alone.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply