Back up - Network Error

• Msg 51265, Level 19, State 1, Line 0

The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

LiteSpeed could not open the Backup file: (\\OBBEAVER\REV2\full\SIRS04122009.bak).

The previous system message is the reason for the failure.

I am getting the above message when trying to back up a database to a network folder with my sql agent job. the job is executed with service accoutn which has full permissions on the netwrk folder.

how to troubleshoot this error.

• I thought Litespeed uses a difference extension and not bak.

• but i do so. we can change it.

• If i recall you backup with litespeed it gives mybackup.(some extension) not bak.

Then to restore it use litespeed.

If this litespeed not on the server i think you have to install it so you can restore backup on another server.

I remember looking at it sometime ago.

• anyways I am doing it since years and now its failing.

actually the issue is with that error to troubleshoot.

thanks

• As per my understanding this seems to be a firewall issue.The firewall between both domains is preventing from communicating with each other. You have to turn off the firewall on the server.

Follow the below link which will guide you to turn off the firewall

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738511.aspx

This is also a good one :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/E2k3FrontBack/f9733398-a21e-4b40-8601-cfb452da82ad.mspx?mfr=true

Regards,

Rajini

• yeah .bak extention is very much valid. Few use the extention .sls (sql litespeed) to differentiate it from the native backup.

Try to fix the firewall part and I think it should work...

-Rajini

• is the firewall on my server or the remote computer where i am putting the .bak files?

how can i fix that?? or does the windows admin has to do that.

• This needs to be done on the remote server and it needs administrator Privilege. Contact the server owner and get the firewall disabled.

-Rajini

• May be that you need to start Secondary Logon service in your backup server

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply