Azure SQL Database (2022)

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Azure SQL Database (2022)

• "Single database, elastic pool, and Hyperscale" is listed as the correct answer, but I believe it should have been just "single database and elastic pool?

• Terje Hermanseter wrote:

"Single database, elastic pool, and Hyperscale" is listed as the correct answer, but I believe it should have been just "single database and elastic pool?

What Terje said.

• Correct. Single Database and Elastic Pool are the deployment models available.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/sql-database-paas-overview

Hyperscale is a service tier available under the vCore based purchasing model.

You could argue that Logical SQL Server is a 3rd deployment model. But it's really just a nice way to organize multiple single Azure SQL databases together.

• "Single database, elastic pool, and Hyperscale" is listed as the correct answer, but I believe it should have been just "single database and elastic pool?

It even says that in the explanation!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Ron Hinds. Reason: Added quote I was replying to
  • Agree with the comments. The deployment options for Azure SQL are:

SQL Databases, SQL Managed Instance, and SQL Virtual Machines.

Deployment models for Azure SQL Database are

• Single database, and
    • Elastic Pool
    • The third component to consider here is Database Server which is a group of single databases and elastic pools.

Hyperscale is a service tier for vCore purchase model.

Azure SQL Deployment Options

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply