Azure Pricing, SQL Server seems pretty high?

• Hi, I'm really new to this and I think I've got this wrong, wondering if you can help me.

I've got an SQL database I'm wanting to put in Azure. It's 32gb and would be accessed by maybe thirty staff avg 20 times a day during normal working hours by a locally installed program. What kind of price should I expect on a monthly basis? If we went for this set up we could sign in for up to 3 years. Looking at the calculator it's giving me figures of over £12k a year which is going to be a hard sell given we've already got it up and running on local servers.

• What are you pricing? Azure SQL Database? Azure Managed Instance, or just Virtual Machines?

(as to the spam, probably not. I see a lot of people ask the exact same question on multiple forums all the time). Plus, no link to some dubious site.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• The base rule of Cloud Service Pricing is WYPIWYG, What You Pay Is What You Get, no less, no more.

😎

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply