Azure Data Studio and Jupyter Notebooks

• Trying to install the PowerShell Kernel for ADS and it wont complete the download, this I am guessing is down to our policy to no longer allow connections to anything using the older TLS/SSL protocols, so it's blocking the download.

Anyone know of a way I can force ADS to use a different version of TLS/SSL or how to install the kernels outside of ADS and then how I force python to use a different TLS/SSL version?

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:841)'),)': /simple/jupyter/

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:841)'),)': /jupyter/

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Had to break out of ADS and install manually from python instead

"C:\Users\<myuser>\azuredatastudio-python\0.0.1\python.exe" -m pip install --trusted-host=pypi.python.org --trusted-host=pypi.org --trusted-host=files.pythonhosted.org --upgrade pip --user

"C:\Users\<myuser>\azuredatastudio-python\0.0.1\python.exe" -m pip install --trusted-host=pypi.org --trusted-host=files.pythonhosted.org --trusted-host=prose-python-packages.azurewebsites.net --user "jupyter>=1.0.0" "pandas>=0.24.2" "sparkmagic>=0.12.9" "prose-codeaccelerator>=1.3.0" "powershell-kernel>=0.1.3" --extra-index-url https://prose-python-packages.azurewebsites.net

• Response from Kevin at MS : https://twitter.com/kevcunnane/status/1296142423135944706

Basically, you're doing it right.

• For others having this same issue, in my case it was that I had 2 different PATH location references for Python.  One included C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\Scripts and one did not, the path was slightly different.  I kept this one above and this solved my issue within Azure Data Studio which allowed me to install the Kernel Python 3.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply