Azure Data Engineer Associate

• Evgeny Garaev

SSCertifiable

Hi guys,

I am planning to take two Azure exams: Exam DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution, Exam DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution.

Can you recommend any good books to prepare for these exams?

• Site Owners

SSC Guru

Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• BrunoAr

Preparing for this exam started back in February 2019, when I started studying for the DP-200 exam. There were no courses, practice exams, or books available at that time. Instead, I relied heavily on Microsoft Learn and a lot of hands-on experience.

In short, this is how I prepared:

Complete Microsoft Learning Paths for Azure Data Engineers

Read and Reference the Azure Docs

Review Azure Solution Architectures

Watch SQLBits Session Recordings

I then took the DP-200 exam. This got me about 90% of the way for this exam as well. After that, I shifted my focus to the DP-201 exam:

Understand Skills Measured in Exam DP-201

Work through the DP-201 labs on Github

Review Microsoft Customer Stories

On May 9th, 2019, the official classroom course was released. I did not take this course because I wanted to try the new learning paths from Microsoft, but you may find a more traditional course useful.

Update in January 2020: The official practice test for exam DP-201 is now available. I have had great experience with practice tests in the past and generally highly recommend them 🙂 I did not try this one, though, as it was not available until after I had passed my exam.

Always check the latest official information from Microsoft before your exam.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply