Availability Group maximum failovers in the specified period (PowerShell)

• Hi. I'm looking to use PowerShell to set this away from the default during an automated build of an AG, and I hoped I'd be able to find something in dbatools.io but I can't see anything there. Does anybody know where I can find about more about how to do this in PowerShell (assuming it is possible)? I've Googled but all I'm getting is how to perform a failover with PowerShell.

For clarity this is the setting I mean, in Failover Cluster Manager > Roles > Properties. 

Many thanks if you can help.

• Beatrix Kiddo - Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:19 AM

Hi. I'm looking to use PowerShell to set this away from the default during an automated build of an AG, and I hoped I'd be able to find something in dbatools.io but I can't see anything there. Does anybody know where I can find about more about how to do this in PowerShell (assuming it is possible)? I've Googled but all I'm getting is how to perform a failover with PowerShell.

For clarity this is the setting I mean, in Failover Cluster Manager > Roles > Properties. 

Many thanks if you can help.

I'm not able to test it right now but I would check the FailoverClusters powershell module. One of the resources available with Get-ClusterResource is SQL Server Availability Group. Based on some of the other cluster resources, it looks like it should be exposed but I'm not positive on that.
    These aren't examples exactly for your situation but it would give you an idea of what to play around with using that module:
    PowerShell for Failover Clustering: Changing Values of a Cluster Object
    Get-ClusterResource
    Collection of Powershell clustering commands

Sue

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks very much, Sue. I'll take a look now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply