Availability group listener not working right.

• Hello.

I am 3 VMs in Azure.  They are on the same subnet and I have a working availability group that can failover and back fine.  The problem is that I can only connect using the listener from the same machine that the primary replica is hosted on.  If I fail it over to another node I must RDP into that machine to connect via the listener.  I can connect to the instance name from any other server in the network, I just can't use the listener unless its a local connection.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  The cluster isn't logging any issues during the failovers.  All objects say online no matter where the primary lives.  Thanks.

• As you posted in 2014 forum, have you created the needed load balancer and configured this at the cluster level?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/virtual-machines/windows/availability-group-load-balancer-portal-configure

• I tried creating a load balancer but I must have done it wrong, there were steps I missed and I wasn't sure if that was it.  I will follow those instructions and let you know, thanks!

• Well I found out why I stopped trying before.  Following the instructions on the Backend Pool creation it says I need to pick an availability set.  The servers where setup without an availability set.  I can't tell if this is required but it does say that availability sets must be setup before you build the virtual machines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply