automation with Business Intelligence

• Hi ,

I would like to transfer remote database from one sql2005 database to my local sql2005 database either in hourly or daily basis at end of the day , is there any way i can automate the process with BI , i can easly develop a script in vb or vb.net to do the same which can check exisiting data entry in each table and transfer only un updated row but since learning BI is it possible to do the same.

so i need to do the following

1) copying data on regular interval either daily or hourly

2) check for existing data in local database if exisits skip the entry

3 ) if the data is not available in local database transfer the data

with regards

• [font="Verdana"]I'm not sure what you mean by "BI". However, I suggest you take a look at SQL Server Books Online, and look at the following topics:

Backup

Restore

Database Mirroring

Database Log Shipping

Replication

Good luck!

[/font]

• hi ,

thanks for your valuable feedback , actually i am using shared hosting and i don't see any option to take regular backup for my database so i am looking forward if i can make some ssis package for daily sync of database to my local

with regards

• [font="Verdana"]Have you tried talking to your database hosting service people to see if they can help out? They may be able to deliver you a backup file on a daily basis.

I'd go with replication over SSIS for a scenario like this if you can. If you have to do it all in SSIS, you are going to have a lot of hard work ahead of you.

[/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply