Automating dts package saving in visual basic .bas file

• I need to do the following on sql server 2000 server:

Automate the scripting of dts packages into vb using either sql or vb code in the same way you would manually go into design package/ saveas / visual basic file.

I have looked at the sql dmo object model and searched all the main dts sites without any luck.if anyone knows how to do this, It would really make my day.

I do not want to save in structured storage file because I cannot see what has changed between different versions of packages but I can when comparing 2 bas modules.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• No ggod to me. I even commented on that post myself.

The main problem I have is being able to script them all out automatically in one piece of code either in vb or sql.

• I just can't see how you cannot adapt that script. What's wrong with it??

• If you look at the code it is saved as a structured storage file.

".SaveToStorageFileAs .Name,strFilePath,"","""

I have looked at the dts object model documentation and there is no save as vb module like you get at the front end.

If there was the script would be OK.

• K.

• Aplogies. To clarify:

This script using SaveToStorageFile and SaveToStorageFileAs creates the scrip0t as binary format only. The same way you go to Package/saveas/structured storage file.

I want it in VB Script as if I was pressing Pakcage/saveas/visual basic file.

There is no method to save as a visual basic file in the dts object model that I can see.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply