Automatically start MS SQL Server

• I am not talking about scripts. (?) I was referring to the default parameters for the SQL services:

services>properties>recovery tab>First failure, Second failure, Subsequent failures and why they are all set to "Take No Action".

Maybe I should have started a new thread.

• Sorry, that's a monitoring issue. MOM is an option here.

Or you could just create a windows task that runs every hour... 🙂

net start "SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)"

It would fail usually, but wouldn't hurt anything.

You could of course get more creative. One way I have mananged complicated scripts is to install cyqwin and with cron.

Windows powershell, vbscript, WSH are also options.

However, I prefer perl as my scripting language.

• There is only one way to start the SQL services. That is also manually. Go to Controll pannel and servies. Go to Property of SQL services and change to automatically start when windows start.

Make sure you type your svc a/c and password

Manoj

MCP, MCTS (GDBA/EDA)

• No offense taken. As far as the Server Agent not responding, I have checked and triple-checked to make sure that my account is administrator and that I have the correct password. I've looked up the cause and solution for a 1068 error and I still am unable to fix it. The only thing I can think of doing is uninstalling and reinstalling it. For the second time.

I'm just at a loss with the DAC connection. I'm using the All-in-One Database Administration book for taking the three exams for MCITP so I'm following the directions to the T. I've went through the Surface Area Configuration and established my remote connections. I'm making sure that my SQLCmd is accurate and it's still saying that my Native Client has timed out or logon expired.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply