Automated Performance monitor

• Hi,

I wanted the automate performance monitor .For example If my CPU thershold goes over 80% I should get alert,If any Query taking more than 70% CPu more than 50% RAM I should get alert on mail.I also wanted to send the Standard reports to my mail ID on regular intervals like in every two hours I will get mirroring report on my mail ID without using the reporting services,Is that possible?

Thanks

• You don't want alerts when CPU > 80%. This happens all the time in a normal SQL Server and it's not a problem. What you want to be concerned about is CPU > 80% for an extended period.

You can gather performance monitor data to a log, or you can query the sys.dm_os_performance_counters for information and monitor it.

However there isn't a simple way to do this. Monitoring performance is a complex undertaking and there isn't a simple way to do this. There are numerous third party packages that can help, but if you want to build your own, you need to:

Monitor regularly, which means storing the data

Query the data for potential problems

alert the dBA.

Alerting the DBA is trivial. Use Database mail and sp_send_db_mail.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190307%28v=sql.105%29.aspx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply