Automate DB backup/ copy/ restore via LogShipping for DR

• Can some one share the T-SQL scripts for automating Transaction Log shipping backups on source, copy and restore on destination ( as standby for reporting purposes )?

I need to do it for ongoing 200 DBs on  production instance which need to be shipped to DR SQL Server. I tried with GUI, script etc. but it doesn't seem to be working as expected, the DR DBs are always out of sync or do not have the Data as needed!

Logshipping is frustrating!

Thanks in Advance

• Hi,

have you ever tried to search for your issue?

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/how-to-setup-log-shipping-for-multiple-databases

good luck

Andreas

• This answer reads the msdb database from the mylowes login standby server and generates a script to repair all of the databases which might be in a log transport pair. For this answer, we want to create numerous folders mykohlscharge login to shop the scripts so one can be generated. It might be more secure to shop the generated scripts withinside the report machine simply in case the automatic method fails. In this example, I actually have created a folder that allows you to comprise the all of the scripts - the VBScript in Step #2 and the TSQL script so one can be generated via way of means of the VBScript

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  brown7.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  brown7.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply