Auto Refresh and display another reportin a loop

• HI All,

I am trying to the following...

I have 4 reports that I want to display on a plasma TV and loop so as preventing image burn on the screen.

I am able to generate the auto refresh on individual reports but wondered if this can be taken a step further by displaying

report #1 for 5 minues, then display report #2 for the same time and so on in a loop

Is this possible ? - anyone have any ideas or even better example on how this can be achieved

Please..........

• I can think of a few ways to do this, some probably better than others. I'd be interested in what works best for you...

I've been part of a group that did something similar, but they used flash to do it. It seemed to work very well.

Another alternative might be code a webforms page (asp.net vb/c# whatever you prefer). Use a private tinyint variable to use as a counter. As the page loads increment your counter from 0-3 or 1-4. Use the reportviewer control and change the value of the report to show based on the value of the counter.

Use a meta refresh of 5 minutes and you should be all set.

Alternatively, you might be able to do this strictly with SSRS by creating a single report that contains all 4 "reports", 4 tables, charts, whatever they are, even subreports if need be. Then you can set the Visible properties of the 4 "reports" to be visible by taking the value of minute from Getdate() or NOW() and the doing a Mod 4. (In TSQL it would look liek this... SELECT DATEPART(n,GETDATE())%4 Not sure about the syntax in SSRS but it would be very similar). You'll always get a value of 0-3. Set your refresh to 5 minutes and you should be golden.

Hopefully one of these approaches will work for you, and I'll be interested to see which one does.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply