Attunity Oracle Connector Not Showing Up in SSIS Toolbox

• I've just about exhausted every effort I can research and absolutely cannot get the Attunity "Oracle Destination" and "Oracle Source" connector icons to show up in my SSIS project that I've designed in Visual Studio 2017.

The local SQL Server installation on the development machine is the Development version (2017).

Visual Studio 15.9.23 Professional is what I'm developing the SSIS project in, on the development machine.

SSDT 15.9.5 is installed on the development machine.

Both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of the Microsoft Connectors (Attunity) for Oracle (version 5.0) are installed on the development machine.

I'm glad to provide any additional details.  All I know is that I've spent a considerable amount of time trying everything that's suggested online to try to get the Oracle Destination and Oracle Source icons for the Attunity Connector to show-up under the SSIS Toolbox (under "Data Flow" tab), and have had absolutely no success.  Very frustrated.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions at all or if I need to provide additional details to help.

• Thanks... I'll check out those links right now and will post back on here if they prove helpful.  Appreciate it!

• Hi Brad, did you have any success with this? I've updated VS and SSIS Data Tools extension and the Attunity connector and I still can't see anything Oracle related in my toolbox.

• depending on your VS version it may not show up at all - VS2019 for example will use a different driver (replacement from Microsoft of the Attunity one )

To use the Attunity connector in SSDT you need the following

For Both Dev pc and Server

Attunity driver for SQL 2017 – file AttunitySSISOraAdaptersSetupX64_5.0.msi (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/attunity-connectors?view=sql-server-ver15) - this installs both 32 and 64bit - 32bit required for Visual Studio development

For Dev PC alone

To be able to open and change SSIS packages SSDT version 17.8 for VS 2017 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssdt/previous-releases-of-sql-server-data-tools-ssdt-and-ssdt-bi?view=sql-server-ver15#ssdt-for-visual-studio-vs-2017)

Note that you need the EXACT versions above - any other combination will not work.

and you also need Oracle client installed - 11 or 12 will work fine - 32 and 64 bit (server is 64 bit, DEV pc install both - 32 bit first)

• Thanks for the prompt response. So I am using VS2019 (16.7.7), I have SQL2017 installed and will be deploying to SQL2016. I have the Attunity 5.0 installed and the latest SSDT package for VS2019. The Microsoft connector that replaces the Attunity connector is apparently only for targetting SQL2019 so isn't applicable, however it doesn't matter what SQL version I target I get no Oracle components in the SSIS Toolbox.

I have Oracle client 12 installed and am using Oracle SQL Developer with no issues. I am also able to connect to Oracle with a console app using ODP.NET. Basically everything else is happy apart from SSIS.

• you need to install the EXACT SSDT version I mention above - download it and install onto a new VS 2017 instance - it will do a Shell install which is all that is required for SSDT to work.

VS2019 will NOT show the Attunity drivers in any case.

• Ah, OK. Well thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it. I'm sure there are very good reasons for it being this difficult but I don't think I'm going to spend any more time on it. A console app will be quicker and easier to develop and easier to support and maintain.

• I have been dealing with the same issue while using Both Visual Studio 2019 and 2022.

The target SQL Server version is 2017.

I got it solved by installing the latest versions of attunity connector for Oracle:

MicrosoftSSISOracleConnector-SQL19 and SQL22 in both 64 and 32 bit versions.

That solved the problem.

In visual studio I can select any target SQL server and the source and destination connectors are always visible in the toolbox.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply