There are a bunch of posts for attaching a single MDF and having the LDF regenerated using sp_attach_single_file_db.
Can anyone see anything wrong with this approach for doing the same thing with multiple MDFs?
1. Detach the database
2. Delete or move the log file to a new location so it will not be found.
3. Run the sp_attach_db command
EXEC sp_attach_db 'delme',N'C:\DATA\Delme.mdf',N'C:\DATA\Delme2.ndf'
You will get a file activation failure message that there was an error and a new log file was created, however it will create it in the MDF directory.e.g. File activation failure. The physical file name "C:\LOG\delme_log.ldf" may be incorrect. New log file 'C:\DATA\delme_log.ldf' was created.
4. Detach the database again
5. Move the new log file to the desired location
6. Rerun the sp_attach_db command and provide the log file path
EXEC sp_attach_db 'delme',N'C:\DATA\Delme.mdf',N'C:\DATA\Delme2.ndf',N'C:\LOG\delme_log.ldf'