Assign schema to tables without using commands

• Please guide me how to assign schema to tables by using GUI

I created schema and want to assign it to new table I have to create.

• From the GUI, you cannot; switching a table from one schema to another, at least in 2008, requires a script; there's no GUI to help you do it.

The GUI lets you see the schema the table is realted to, but not switch it to another, nor change it to dbo (which is a common thing)

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you for your response. I thought we can change it in properties. I have done it once long time back in SQL Server 2005. Now I don't remember it.

• Thank you Lowell. Now that I think about it, I might have created the script back then.

• Found it and I thought I should share..:-)

After new schema is created, we should modify table. Table properties will be appeared with dbo schema, from there we can assign new schema to the required table or it can be selected from dropdown.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply