ARITHABORT errors after installing dbWarden

• For some reason, we are getting ARITHABORT errors on both a VB 6.0 and ASP web based apps since we installed dbWarden. Is there a global way to reset it to "ON" to clear these errors, or is this warning masking some other issue? The applications are old, but vital to our operations until they are replaced, later this year. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can give!!!

• jhauer (4/17/2013)

For some reason, we are getting ARITHABORT errors on both a VB 6.0 and ASP web based apps since we installed dbWarden. Is there a global way to reset it to "ON" to clear these errors, or is this warning masking some other issue? The applications are old, but vital to our operations until they are replaced, later this year. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can give!!!

I'm sorry I missed this post! I just now saw it. I'm guessing this has to do with the database trigger for the schema change tracking. We've identified an issue with that trigger and using applications like Spotlight. The dbWarden script no longer installs the schema change table and trigger by default.

I'd recommend dropping the SchemaChangeLog table and database trigger and see if your problem goes away.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply