Are there application developers in here? Where are you doing your SQL?

• Hi,

Are there app developers in this forum? Where does your app's SQL live?

I'm out with a new version of QueryFirst, a visual studio extension that generates a C# wrapper for SQL queries, stored in .sql files in your application. I believe this is a novel approach to data access for applications. Will this be useful or interesting for you?

Simon Boddy

• It's an interesting approach.  I've cloned the repo.  Two things I like based on initial impression are the intellisense on db objects and the C# unit test codegen.

Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können

• Intellisense on DB objects, from inside Visual Studio is fantastic. I obviously didn't write that, but there's this great TSQL editor just sitting there doing nothing, because there was no solution for integrating the sql into your app.

Testing, I believe, is my strongest point. Your queries are tested every time you save the file, or you can test and regenerate all queries in your app via the tools menu ("Merde, someone changed my schema"), or you can run the bundled integration tests. If your queries don't run, or if the parameters or return schema change, your app doesn't compile.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply