Are the posted questions getting worse?

• The "Thanks for the script" guy strikes again, necro'ing several old, dead threads.

• Grumpy DBA (5/24/2016)

The "Thanks for the script" guy strikes again, necro'ing several old, dead threads.

And now we shall call him the necroscripter.

EDIT: I wonder if he's grabbing all those scripts and creating a library for himself to carry around to all his future jobs.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Grumpy DBA (5/24/2016)

The "Thanks for the script" guy strikes again, necro'ing several old, dead threads.

I refer to him as PP.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/24/2016)

Grumpy DBA (5/24/2016)

EDIT: I wonder if he's grabbing all those scripts and creating a library for himself to carry around to all his future jobs.

Like installing the SQL Scripts Add-in?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Grumpy DBA (5/24/2016)

I'd question his knowledge in regard to a couple of them as there are better ways to do the same thing. IIRC I may have posted an improvement to one of them after his "thanks for the script" post.

• Lynn Pettis (5/24/2016)

Grumpy DBA (5/24/2016)

I refer to him as PP.

Thanks for the post. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• So I was writing an article - 8 hours into it, MS make a pretty big change (Azure -replication), big enough to merit a re-write in key sections. Don't you hate it when that happens.

:blink:

So today I learned that it is possible to create an infinite loop in SQL. With a CURSOR no less.

What an interesting day it's been already. @=)

Apparently FETCH NEXT is important. Very important. 😀

Many years ago, I found a bug in a cursor in a vendor's trigger. :sick: Instead of FETCH NEXT, they had FETCH FIRST.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• Back from the weekend. Looked like most of you behaved.

My weekend

• Congratulations Steve. I have one year until my oldest graduates. It is exciting and scary at the same time.

• Thrilling stuff Steve. Congrats!

My two are graduating high school tomorrow (and turning 18 on the same day, **** I'm old).

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Congrats Steve.

So in USA does that mean University next?

• Congrats Steve!

My middle daughter graduated from ERAU on May 7th, and hopefully my youngest will be graduating this weekend from High School. All depends on her final grades.

• Thanks, everyone.

My oldest graduated from college last year, so this is the second high school graduation for us. My middle kid has been accepted into university (UC Boulder), but is taking a gap year. He's young, not 18 until near the end of the year, so he's going to work for a year and grow up a bit more. He's got a few ideas, and we'll see what he does.

I have one more, a daughter that has 3 more years before uni and then I'm done. Then I'll be really old, like Grant.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/24/2016)

Thanks, everyone.

My oldest graduated from college last year, so this is the second high school graduation for us. My middle kid has been accepted into university (UC Boulder), but is taking a gap year. He's young, not 18 until near the end of the year, so he's going to work for a year and grow up a bit more. He's got a few ideas, and we'll see what he does.

I have one more, a daughter that has 3 more years before uni and then I'm done. Then I'll be really old, like Grant.

If my youngest does succeed, she is off to Johnson and Wales in Providence, RI.

Viewing 15 posts - 54,271 through 54,285 (of 66,610 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply