Archival Options due to Regulation

•  

Hi Guys,

I have an ongoing need to provide a archival solution for an ex-production system for Regulatory reasons. In a nutshell:

• active database is around 30GB, but there will be others pending of varying sizes
    • there may be the need for a couple of queries a year initially, tapering off
    • potentially need to retain for 25 years

There's a number of options I could implement in our rack space but I've decided I need to roll my sleeves up and look at cloud options with long term storage, pay-what-you-use, abilities.

My question is, with Azure, what would be the best options for a long term, hardly used, archival strategy?

Thanks.

• we're using Stretch - easy to configure and just silently puts your old records in the cloud, but allows you to query it like it was one table - there are loads of limitations, but it does work without any need for human interaction

just right click the table and hit "stretch" - the rest is a wizard driven interface - but the monitoring screen can be a bit "stupid" so brush up on the system views to monitor it

MVDBA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply