April 1 2015, a space oddity

• Bad day for me. I lost 7 points. I selected option - (c). 🙁 🙁

Thanks.

• William Vach (4/1/2015)

Interesting that as of 11:00 AM Eastern, only 16% picked the first answer. I thought that if you have absolutely no idea of the answer to a multiple choice question, always pick the first one. 🙂

I was always taught to choose between b or c if you have no clue.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I almost chose 42 although I have no idea why. Maybe somewhere lodged in the back of my mind I recalled hearing this bit of sci-fi trivia before... Instead I picked c because it seemed to fit in with the ridiculousness of the question. That's what I get for flat out guessing!

• Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation.

• Bought the Hitchhiker's Guide book back in the mid 80s (saw the BBC telecast way before that); loaned the book to a friend, and never saw it (or her) again - perhaps at that restaurant at the end of the universe...

Haven't read the other books, but I did use the dolphin's parting quote when leaving a 16-year job in 1997... "So long, and thanks for all the fish."

Cheers folks,

Mark
    Just a cog in the wheel.

• I First ran across the audio tape when I was consulting in Saudi Arabia. Used the Dolphin's line when leaving a job also.

The other books are definitely worth the read...even a re-read of Hitchhiker's Guide. Probably available in used book stores.

• Kindle. All 5 in one collection: $11.99. Bam! Delivered.

Mark
    Just a cog in the wheel.

• SQLRNNR (4/1/2015)

William Vach (4/1/2015)

Interesting that as of 11:00 AM Eastern, only 16% picked the first answer. I thought that if you have absolutely no idea of the answer to a multiple choice question, always pick the first one. 🙂

I was always taught to choose between b or c if you have no clue.

Looking at google, you are right. So I learned something from this QOD after all! 🙂

• It can't be 42.

Any Universe in which both the Question and the Answer are known will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. We are still here, and thus this cannot be the correct question for that answer.

-- Stephen Cook

• Actually, there is a 6th book in the trilogy. "And Another Thing", written by Eoin Colfer.

From Wikipedia:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The first five novels in the Hitchhiker's "trilogy" were written by Douglas Adams. Adams' widow, Jane Belson, and the literary agency that manages Adams' estate asked Colfer to write another book, as Adams had intended to add to the series, agreeing that the end to the fifth book was "very bleak". Already a fan of the series, Colfer called the opportunity "like suddenly being offered the superpower of your choice ... For years I have been finishing this incredible story in my head and now I have the opportunity to do it in the real world ... It is a gift from the gods. So, thank you Thor and Odin."[5]

6. And Another Thing... (2009)

• I enjoyed the random, unrelated, nonsensical relationships in both the question and answers. Thanks and have a Happy Easter.

• The answer to the ultimate question. I use that answer for many things.

• ...and ice cream

• I am surprised that only 43 percent got this one right - if it is the answer to everything, it must be correct.

• SQL-DBA-01 (4/1/2015)

Bad day for me. I lost 7 points. I selected option - (c). 🙁 🙁

You never lose points. Only miss out on gaining them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply