Anyone running Teradata Drivers/TTU 15.1 connected to Teradata DB 16.2, running on Intellicloud?

• Hello,

The title says it all. We are migrating our Teradata platform to Intellicloud and upgrading the database to version 16.2. Anyone still running Teradata 15.1 drivers and utils and connected to Teradata in Intellicloud that is DB version 16.2? And not having issues?

On our Windows Server 2012 R2, and SQL Server 2016 SP1 EE, we had Teradata 15.1 Drivers and TTU, Attunity 4, and VS15 w/ SST14, then upgraded to Teradata 16.2, Attunity 5, and VS 17 w/ SSDT15, and uncovered a host of issues and basically all our jobs had to go down till we figured out the correct combo of tools and versions.

We discovered that VS17 w/ SSDT, the SSIS side is not compatible with Attunity 5 when your SQL Server is version 2016. Along with other issues.
    I had to leave Attunity 5 in, and add Attunity 4, before things would work, plus add VS15 back, to edit, create a Connection Manager that works, and can deploy without error and run without error. Crazy thing is with just Attunity 5, once 4 was added, it would work but sill only showed Attunity 5 being the version of MSTERA used, odd. Yet it can’t open an existing SSAS model without error. I can open it in VS17 SSAS though.

I’ve spent a lot of time and money with Microsoft Premiere Support, and we have it limping in 32 bit mode now as that’s what can successfully deploy and run right now, we’re working on the 64 bit side, and will address the SSAS issues once the whole driver/connector and likeable version of VS/SSDT can play nice with Teradata 16.2 drivers and utilities.

Would love to hear war stories from other who have been through this to compare notes.

Thanks

• So my system is Windows 2012R2, and SQL Server 2016 SP1. We tried both VS15 and VS17, and found that VS17 for SSDT just doesn't get it done. However, after installing the Tetadata Driver and TTU 16.2, and then Attunity 4.0, both VS15 and VS17 could not recognize the Attunity Connector, like when you go to create a new connection manager, there was no MSTERA. Only when you added Attuinty 5, did MSTERA show up when creating a new Connection Manger, and at that, it also shows that its using Attunity 5. All this is before the Teradata Platform got migrated to the Intellicloud and also upgraded to Teradata 16.2. We're currently left only able to operate in 32 bit mode. We even had to hack the registry and add in Teradata keys to get it to work at that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply