Anyone recomend a good SSAS 2008 Book?

• Hi All,

Can anyone recomend a good SSAS 2008 Book?

Preferably something that include the basics of designing from scratch, and either a separate one or one including the more advanced features/ designs aswell as the basics.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    ld

Stoke-on-Trent
    United Kingdom

If at first you don't succeed, go to the pub and drink away your current thought plan.

• This one for the basics:

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Analysis Services Step by Step

and this one for the more advanced stuff:

Expert Cube Development with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thanks Koen,

I was looking at the first one, the second one I'd not seen before.

Regards
    ld

Stoke-on-Trent
    United Kingdom

If at first you don't succeed, go to the pub and drink away your current thought plan.

• Also look at Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Unleashed for more information and a different perspective. It is written by the actual developers building SSAS. I am currently going through it.

• Some mentioned that book to me previously but said it was too advanced for someone still learning.

What do you think?

Regards
    ld

Stoke-on-Trent
    United Kingdom

• I have the unleashed book and there is something in it for developers of all levels, there are some advanced topics but starts with the basics, such as terminoogy as well as an overview of the Architecture of a cube.

I would definately recommend this book to anyone whos starting out as at least the second book they read on the subject after the step-by-step, and the Expert Cube development suggested earlier as the third book.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply