Anyone know where active Yukon forums are?

• sqljunkies has some yukon forums, which carry a grandiose claim that Microsoft monitors them daily, but I see a lot of bugs with 0 responses, so I have slight doubts whether they are monitored.

I see only a handful of posts here in these yukon forums.

Does anyone know where there might be active forums about Yukon, esp. where Microsoft people might respond -- to confirm & record bugs, so they may get onto lists to be possibly fixed -- or to give workarounds?

• This probably won't help you very much because you need a username/password to get onto them and if you had the username/password then you'd probably know about them but nevertheless:

microsoft.private.sqlserver2005.* on news server privatenews.microsoft.com

microsoft.beta.yukon.* on news server betanews.microsoft.com

Both are monitored by the SQL Server dev teams on a daily basis, well, the ones I go to (i.e. all SSIS related ones) are. There are a few ways of obtaining a username/password for betanews.microsoft.com, I got mine through my company being a member of the Microsoft Ascend program.

Embarrassingly I can't remember where I got my username/password for privatenews.microsoft.com from. However, its a very generic username so perhaps its considered fair game for everyone. I'm not going to risk the wrath of Microsoft by declaring it here though. Perhaps someone else here knows the protocol for this username/password?

That doesn't help much I know but if you can get a username/password from somewhere these are invaluable forums.

• If you go to this link below, there is connection info on how to setup a NNTP newsreader like Outlook Express so you can post to the newsgroups.  Username and Password are on that page, so you should be good to go for the private groups (which have lots of posts):

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=sqlserver2005&slcid=us

This will give you access to groups like this for setup and installation questions:

microsoft.private.sqlserver2005.setup

--
    Thx, Niko
    SQL Setup Test Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply