Anyone going to SQL Bits 17-19 June Telford ICC, UK

• Sorry, am only leaving JHB Wednesday evening. ETA for Birmingham is, I believe, about 10AM Thursday.

Besides, Aaron didn't put conditions on the free coffee...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Gail - There is always some conditions with SQL Bits!

Guess we will have to catch up Thursday then.

Rodders...

• @Gail, are you flying in to BHX. If so, do you want picking up. - that goes for any other speakers, organisers or attendees flying in for the conference.

Aaron

• That is the current plan, not sure exactly what time exactly. Was planning to beg for a lift through to Telford (and for Sunday too)

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Consider it a date!

:kiss:

Aaron

PM me if you want to discuss the details.

• Gail,

Any update on plans for arriving/departing at BHX. The offer of a lift is still on, subject to timings (I have extended my contract at work so not always free. PM me if necessary)

That goes for any other speakers flying into Birmingham also.

Aaron

• Going to this also (Friday & Saturday), so looking forward to meeting fellow DBAs and learning a bunch of stuff.

Be nice to meet Steve Jones, (and say thanks for publishing my editorials.) 😀

For all folks flying into to Birmingham Int, there is a direct train (no change at B'ham New Street) to Telford Central, but check timings on the day, the UK rail service isn't as reliabe as other countries. :unsure:

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]
  • quackhandle1975 (7/14/2014)

Going to this also (Friday & Saturday), so looking forward to meeting fellow DBAs and learning a bunch of stuff.

For all folks flying into to Birmingham Int, there is a direct train (no change at B'ham New Street) to Telford Central, but check timings on the day, the UK rail service isn't as reliabe as other countries. :unsure:

qh

Steve's hard to spot, so you might have to ask a few people first... 😉

Birmingham rail isn't the best around, but it's certainly not the worst either.

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

quackhandle1975 (7/14/2014)

Going to this also (Friday & Saturday), so looking forward to meeting fellow DBAs and learning a bunch of stuff.

qh

Rodders...

Yeah. Steve blends........

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (7/14/2014)

rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

qh

Rodders...

Almost as well as you do Grant! :w00t:

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

Grant Fritchey (7/14/2014)

rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

qh

Rodders...

Almost as well as you do Grant! :w00t:

Rodders...

Wait until Friday night. I'll be blending as hard as I can.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (7/14/2014)

rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

qh

Rodders...

Syntax error, BLEND is no a recognised key word.Do you mean MERGE?

Or maybe he just INTERSECTs

• aaron.reese (7/14/2014)

Grant Fritchey (7/14/2014)

rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

qh

Rodders...

Syntax error, BLEND is no a recognised key word.Do you mean MERGE?

Or maybe he just INTERSECTs

I neither wish to MERGE or INTERSECT with Grant, thank you very much :w00t:

It's going to be interesting, shall we say, Friday night.

Sadly I have no costume for Friday 🙁

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

I'm still working on mine. Dunno how Steampunk it is though. Limited by the requirement it be easy to pack.

Gail Shaw

• GilaMonster (7/14/2014)

rodjkidd (7/14/2014)

I'm still working on mine. Dunno how Steampunk it is though. Limited by the requirement it be easy to pack.

Cool.

I've been on holiday, from there to work, then to SQL Bits, so no real chance to sort anything out. Haven't been home for the last 2 weekends, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 🙂

Although I could have planned that better, admittedly.

Rodders...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply