Anyone experienced in DataWarehouse Explorer (CNS International)

• Hi all,

our end-users have a lot of cubes to work with every day. Neither Excel Pivot table Service as stand alone solution nor the official ExcelAddIn from MS is good enough to handle all the different business reports our users want to have. I had a look at DataWarehouse Explorer (CNS International) and at first look it seems to be great (exempted the poor German translation - probably as poor as my English). Does anyone of you evaluated this tool too? What are the advantages/disadvantages of DWE? Whats your opinion about it?

Regards

Ralf

(Frankfurt/Main, Germany)

• We've got 10 licenses for it.  I tried about 10 different client apps / web based apps, and DWE was by far the most polished.  Their support is very good.  On a few occasions, we've had issues, and they've been quick to respond, even when the issue was something relating to MSAS and not their product.  They've always been curteous as well when helping out.

They have a trial, and the period (30 runs) can be extended if necessary.  I'd say check it out if you haven't already.

FWIW, our use for it is to give it to analytical staff, let them play around, figure out different views of the data they get the most information from, then build reporting services reports to provide that information to them on a recurring basis.

I can definitely recommend DWE for anyone looking to rollout MSAS.

• hi, how can i get the trial version to evaluate this software ?

thanks.

• http://www.dwexplorer.com

• My best experience was with Proclarity - they have english, german, frech, italian, etc versions - also a solid product history and masters of scalability.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply