Anyone else experience this weird Windows problem?

• I'm running Win 7 x64 and I have a program/window layering problem. Right now, for example, if I open SSMS and open the Job Activity Monitor, it opens behind SSMS and I have to minimize SSMS or move it out of the way to see the second screen.

It isn't just SSMS, my Epic browser also covers anything else, including SSMS. At this moment I have an Exchange alert open that Epic is partially covering. I've tried searching but it's a difficult set of terms to try to describe well. I found a registry hack that seemed to work, but the behavior returned.

I'm really hoping someone else has experienced this and resolved it. I'm considering blowing off my account profile and starting that fresh, but I haven't done that yet.

Thanks!

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• do you use a Windowing/Taskbar manager application like Display Fusion? The application hooks from things like Display Fusion can interfere with windows the way you have described.

• Sadly, no. My installation is plain vanilla.

But it does make me wonder if maybe the Display Fusion web site might have some suggestions.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply