any way to import SSRS logs into a database via SSIS?

• has anyone done this? is it as straight forward as a CSV file? i want to import the logs into a database to run daily reports of any errors

• Take a look at the report server tables:

ExecutionLogStorage

Subscriptions

You should be able to build your reports right off of them. Beware of relying only on the ExecutionLogStorage, I have seen false Success in the Status column. I usually refer to the Subscriptions.LastStatus column for the most recent errors.

Also if you use the mail functions of the Report Manager and subscriptions are not running properly, your errors report may not execute automatically.

• thx

not that big a deal but we've had trouble where sales people who are constantly turning over are on report emails and when they leave the subscription fails because the BI devs hard coded email addresses instead of using distro lists

• With regard to your sales turnover issue. If the reports are individualized, try putting together a data driven subscription that queries a db somewhere that holds reasonably accurate employee data such as your HR db or even Active Directory. If the reports are not sales rep specific, change the subscription to send to a distribution list, that hopefully is maintained.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply