Any redundancy on SSIS Worker Server

• I'm loving the idea of the SSIS Scale Out option in SQL 2017 and the ability to put the SSISDB on AG, but I don't know that it's working as I expected. It seems this isn't Scale Out as it works in SSRS where you have two servers connecting to the same database, or is it?  In SSRS Scale Out we use a load balanced VIP to bounce uses between the two scale out SSRS servers and if one has issues we remove it from the VIP until it's going again.  For SSIS Scale Out it seems like we'll still have one Master server which leads me to think if it goes down the SSIS environment is dead.  Questions along these lines:

• Given the databases are hosed in an AG with a separate Master SSIS Server built, can there be multiple Master servers?
    • If the Master goes down will the Worker servers still execute their scheduled jobs?
    • What fault tolerant steps can be done to ensure redundancy is put into place short of building two identical SSIS environments?

Thanks for any feedback along these lines.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Based on my quick review - HA is available through windows clustering for the Scale-Out Master service and AlwaysOn for the SSISDB catalog.

The service will be installed on each node in the cluster - and configured as a cluster service.  This service may not be running on the same node that is hosting the SSISDB catalog, but will still be able to access the database through the AOAG listener.

See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/scale-out/scale-out-support-for-high-availability?view=sql-server-ver15

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply