Any body Configured Logshipping for Share point databases??

• Hi,

please advice me how to configure Logshipping for share point databases

which one is best suited for share point databases, Logshipping or Mirroring?

• I prefer mirroring because of automatic failover ...

Microsoft article on setting up Mirroring with sharepoint:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262910.aspx

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

• Hi,

We do not have the network support to configure Mirroring. So we are going for Logshipping. Please provide some documentation on Logshipping sharepoint databases

• My searching only found ...

http://blogs.technet.com/wbaer/archive/2008/03/13/sql-server-2000-2005-log-shipping-notes-with-sharepoint-products-and-technologies.aspx

Another note while searching I found while reading the white paper above Mirroring is not 100% automatic failover with sharepoint technolgoies because the front end in sharepoint techonlogies is not mirroring aware.

Mohit.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].

* I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

• Hi Mohit,

I already went through that link, but its not clear

• I am sorry I haven't used Log Shipping much other then searching on Google; I couldn't provide much help. I hope someone else can point you to proper resources.

Thanks.

[font="Arial"]---

• Iam configuring Log shipping. In this,

1.if we give the backup path of the databases directly to secondary server, then there is no need of Copy job right? or

2.do we must give some network share to backup the database logs and then copy the backups to secondary server?

If point 1 is allowed then can we skip the copy job?

please clarify me

• AAkula (4/28/2009)

Iam configuring Log shipping. In this,

1.if we give the backup path of the databases directly to secondary server, then there is no need of Copy job right? or

2.do we must give some network share to backup the database logs and then copy the backups to secondary server?

If point 1 is allowed then can we skip the copy job?

please clarify me

When you configure databases for logshipping it creates automatically copy and restore job on secondary server, you cann't skip copy job in logshipping.

• AAkula (4/9/2009)

Hi,

please advice me how to configure Logshipping for share point databases

You can configure share point databases to logship similar to the other databases that you configure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply