Anti SQL Injection Function

• JohnG69 (12/15/2015)

The only problem with that is that I can have 4 processes doing exactly the same thing for different customers.

The global temp table will be hijacked by another process i.e. while one in inserting data the other one can drop the table or insert his own stuff...

I was trying to avoid that type of problem.

Thanks

John

You can serialize the code around the use of the global temp table or use APPLOCK to control access.

• Gila Monster, It's exactly the thought I was having... I Would need to write a whole SQL command parser!!!! LOL

• Lynn Pettis,

In our case we can't serialize the code... Initially the code was made to run single threaded and now they have decided to split the processing based on store numbers. So every group of stores have a processor that does the same job on the same tables on the Head Office DB as another group of stores.

They decided to split the processing to make for performance reasons, If I serialize it it will, I will undo what they have done.

Thanks

John

• JohnG69 (12/15/2015)

Lynn Pettis,

In our case we can't serialize the code... Initially the code was made to run single threaded and now they have decided to split the processing based on store numbers. So every group of stores have a processor that does the same job on the same tables on the Head Office DB as another group of stores.

They decided to split the processing to make for performance reasons, If I serialize it it will, I will undo what they have done.

Thanks

John

I can't post my code directly so I am uploading it instead. Please see the attached code for what I was suggesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply