Another Job schedule failing

• Hi guys,

This post is similar to one below but tbh they kind of lost me. Ive set up a DTS package which runs fine upon manual execution. I scheduled this package to occur daily at a certain time but it too fails.

Why could this be.. the final error message is below (job history pretty unhelpful)..

".... Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed."

Any thoughts?

Alex

• As an extra.. i think my problem is qutie different from the other thread.. the full error message is below:

...   DTSRun:  Executing...   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_5   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_5   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 651 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 651   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2; 2 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3; 651 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 651 ...  Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed.

Alex

• Hi Alex,

What are the tasks doing in your package and which one fails?  Which other thread are you referring to?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg

• Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting. I've spent pretty much all day trying to figure it out and i have now (time difference n all that). Basically on the job history it says the above which is pretty unhelpful. However, after setting up the logs properly i found out it was cos i hadnt got MAPI (hwen running the DTS it sends the email from your pc) set up on the server and was trying to email myself a confirmation email when it had done.

Been scratching my head for so long.. very frustrating haha!

The other thread is just below mine- about DTS package failing.

Thanks for replying all the same

Alex

• If you schedule a dts package then it runs under the login that the SQL Server Agent is running under.  Make sure this login has the correct permissions on the machine(s) your dts is connecting to.

• hi Alex!!

i am giving little bit tension to u

pleasew tell me where i will get messege like below in DTS. I want to see flow of DTS please HELP ME OUT!!

...   DTSRun:  Executing...   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_5   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_5   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 651 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 651   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2; 2 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2   DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3; 651 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 651 ...  Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed.

Regards,

Papillon

• The message is not from DTS but from SQL Server Agent job. View the job history and click the "Show step details" checkbox.

Joseph

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply