Another database mail issue, no error

• I have three maintenance plans:

1. Application DBs - 2am (checks integrity, full backup, log backup)

2. System DBs - 3am (checks integrity, updates statistics, full backup)

3. Backup and log file cleanup - 3:30am (removes backup history, .bak and .trn files)

For items 1 and 3 above, I see the database mail process start up and receive emails that the jobs completed. For item 2, no email....the database mail process does not start and there are no errors in the event log. The job history shows that the job completed successfully.

I'm having the same problem on a different server, except that items 2 and 3 email me their results, but item 1 does not. Same exact job steps and times of execution. None of the jobs are set to notify the operator, the notification is coming from the maintenance plan.

Obviously I've gone through the basics:

Configured an operator

Created a default, public profile

Enabled mail profile in SQL Server agent

Tested mail delivery

How do I diagnose the database mail process just not starting? Has anyone seen this before?

SQL Server 2005 SP3, with KB 970892 applied.

TIA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • 1. Have you tested db mail creating profile and account?

2. If Yes still u r not getting the mail.

3. Check whether the you have the account mapped to the default profile.

4. Check whether you have selected the mail account as public private.

5. If you have not tested or tested it is failing sending a mail

then check whether the port number, smtp address,ssl and basic authentication you have given is correct.

6 Normally we might not have selected the a profile as default.

7 If you have not selected a default profile you might not a mail, as the sql server dont know which profile/account to use for sending mail.

8. Dont change any system parameters configuration.

9. If you have created many profiles and many account it may confuse.

10 create only one account map it to public and default, then test it once.

11. There are some system sp to check the status of the mail sent, use that and check the status of the mail.

12. If you have sent too many mails while testing sometimes the db mail service is stopped, you might need to use a sp which is available and set the db mail service status to ready.

I hope this will help you..

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply