Another Conversion Question

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Another Conversion Question

• Fun with Steve's answer:

His comments on the correct answer has a somewhat minor error, but for the fun of all of us, I'm not going to state it here, but instead make this a sub-quiz to see who finds it.

• Does anyone else find the questions you just plug into SSMS boring?

• I find this interesting.  Especially compare to yesterday where the digits did not match.

• Bob Razumich wrote:

Fun with Steve's answer:

His comments on the correct answer has a somewhat minor error, but for the fun of all of us, I'm not going to state it here, but instead make this a sub-quiz to see who finds it.

actual sum, but they are multiplied.

• Ed B wrote:

Bob Razumich wrote:

Fun with Steve's answer:

actual sum, but they are multiplied.

Yes, they are multiplied. But sum is the result of adding two numbers. Product is what the result is when two values are multiplied.

I suppose one could say we were adding 4444.0 to itself 1111.0 times...

• ZZartin wrote:

Does anyone else find the questions you just plug into SSMS boring?

I always assumed we were supposed to answer them without pasting the code into SSMS. Otherwise you're just checking that SSMS works.

• If you plug into SSMS, then you're not learning. You're gaining points, but the idea is to test yourself and see if you can answer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply