Annual Security Compliance Training

• Eric JOATMON (9/8/2015)

Most of our training seems to be common sense type things. Depending on the topic, I will skim the materials (for unfamiliar things) or just click NEXT as fast as I can (for familiar topics) so that I can take the quiz. I'm sure there is value for people unfamiliar with security, fraud, etc. For me, it is just to keep compliance and internal auditors happy.

Heh. We did our annual training for 12 month employees by the end of July. I breezed through the stuff we had to do and started watching other stuff that interested me. I had one session freeze up on me that I had to restart my browser, so I clicked through as fast as possible to get to the quiz.

It said I couldn't take the quiz because I hadn't spent enough time reading/watching the previous slides.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Wayne, your company clearly discriminates against speed readers. 😉

• For me the following two quotes sum up where we are and then how to make it relevant:

GeorgeCopeland (8/21/2015)

...The annual security refresher is for avoiding lawsuits by showing due diligence. It also makes it easy to fire people for noncompliance. If you think the annual training is about *you*, you miss the boat.

Jeff Moden (8/21/2015)

The "training" is ridiculous for some of us. There needs to be two versions... one for people that don't work with security every day and a MUCH shorter version for those that do. Think "refresher/new requirements" for those that do rather than the "Ok... you're an idiot and know nothing about security" version.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply